VC Application for Accommodation
Who is Eligible
Permanent residents of Canada, residing in British Columbia who are not under
Generally, people are eligible for housing if their household income falls below an
Amount, set annually, and their rent exceeds 30 per cent of their incomes. As the demand for affordable housing is high, Princeton & District Community Services Society assesses each applicant’s need for housing based on criteria which includes the applicant’s income, current living situation and personal and family requirements as compared to other applicants. This ensures that priority is given to households in the greatest need.
Purpose of this Form
This application form is designed to collect specific information from applicants seeking affordable housing in accordance with section 26 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the FOI Act). Princeton & District Community Services Society (PDCSS) will use this information to determine your eligibility for housing and the types of accommodation that best suit your needs.
In British Columbia affordable housing vacancies are limited. To increase your chances of obtaining housing, it is recommended that you apply for several developments or areas.
Please update your application if any of your information changes. You should try to update your application at least once every six months.
Please provide day and evening phone numbers, or the phone number of a contact person so that housing providers can contact you if a unit becomes available.
Once completed please return to:
Princeton & District Community Services Society
120 Veterans Blvd., PO Box 1960,
Princeton, BC V0X 1W0
Telephone: 250-295-6666 Fax: 250-295-6214
Email: [email protected]
- Proof of status in Canada for all household members
- Copy of Canadian birth certificate(s) or Canadian passport(s) if born in Canada.
- If not born in Canada, please provide one of the following:
- Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292/IMM5688); or
- Permanent Resident Card (front/back); or
- Any immigration document showing the date landed and the immigration code; or
- Canadian Citizenship Card, Canadian Citizenship Certificate, or Canadian Passport; or
- Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD) or Notice of Decision
- Proof of Current address and rent.
- Copy of current rent receipt or recent rent increase notice; or
- Copy of lease or tenancy agreement showing current rent amount.
- Proof of income or disability assistance
- If receiving income assistance or disability assistance from the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction: copy of cheque stub or confirmation of monthly assistance.
- If employed: proof of current gross monthly income (last three consecutive cheque stubs or a letter from your employer)
- Copies of cheque stubs, bank statements showing direct deposits of pensions, or other confirmation of income for any other income source, for the last three months.
- Proof of assets
- Copies of bank statements or letter from financial institution stating total value of asset(s).
- Property tax assessments for value of property owned and proof of outstanding mortgage(s) if you own property.
Additional Documents (if applicable)
- Copy of Notice to End Tenancy (if applicable)
- Optional: Supplemental Application Form only needs to be completed if you wish to receive extra consideration for:
- Health condition affected by current housing; or
- Fleeing abuse or violence.
The Supplemental Application Form is available at the PDCSS office.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE SEND ONLY THE DOCUMENTS REQUESTED.
Do not send original documents. Submitted documents will not be returned.
Please review this checklist and make sure that, when this application is sent in, all documents are included. Missing information will delay the processing of your application.
Submit your completed application with supporting documents:
|Email: [email protected]
|120 Veteran’s Blvd.